100th Day of School "Re-Supply" Drive
Click below for a tax receipt
for donated school supplies.
We will be conducting our 100th Day of School Re-Supply Drive through the month of February with the help of Alderman Cappleman's office. This drive aims to restock a few of the supplies that start to dwindle midway through the school year. We are seeking donations of the following supplies through February: copy paper, facial tissue, paper towels, glue sticks, looseleaf paper, dry erase markers, spiral notebooks, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes. Here are various ways you can contribute:
1. ON-LINE: (*Preferred Option*) This year, we have partnered with Roonga, Inc. to host an on-line segment of our supply drive. Starting February 1, you can purchase pre-selected items through the Roonga website with this link. The orders are then fulfilled by Give Something Back, which will divide all purchased items among the six 46th Ward schools and deliver them to each school. This method simplifies our logistical burden tremendously, because we are relieved of the time-consuming task of sorting and delivering heavy boxes of supplies to the schools ourselves. There is a small credit card fee for those who utilize this option (2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction), but it will be a huge benefit to us to have fewer large deliveries to make on our own, so we appreciate you using this option if you can. The on-line drive will be live through February 28.
2. DROP OFF: Purchase supplies on your own and drop them off at Alderman Cappleman's office at 4544 N. Broadway during regular business hours.
3. AMAZON: Purchase supplies from our Amazon Wish List. Supplies purchased from Amazon will be automatically delivered to Alderman Cappleman's office.
4. PAYPAL: Donate directly to Friends of the 46th Ward Schools through Paypal and we will use the funds to purchase school supplies.
5. GIFT CARDS: Donate gift cards from Target, Office Max, Staples, Walgreens, or CVS. (Please e-mail us for a mailing address for donated gift cards; gift cards cannot be accepted at Alderman Cappleman's office).